Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

gimme pizzaaaaaaaa

so i was sitting on my couch, minding my own business, when i decided i wanted to try making a pizza.

i remembered seeing a recipe card in my recipe box in my mom's writing for a pizza crust, so i dug around for it. i found it... but she didn't write down how long to put it in the oven for (get it together, mom). so to the internet i went. i just wanted to find general cooking times to get an idea. instead, i ended up kind of making an amalgamation recipe of a few i found mixed with my mom's. the ingredients are as follows:

2 c flour
1 c warm water
1/4 c sugar
1 tbsp dry active yeast
1 tsp salt

i whisked all ingredients together minus the water.


when it was all mixed, i added in the water until it made a nice dough.


i don't trust my counter top all the time, because i have a cat... so i put down some parchment paper and sprinkled it with flour, a well as the dough so it didn't stick to my rolling pin.


then i brushed some oil on my pizza pan and put the rolled out dough onto the pan.


in the meantime i cooked up some chicken to toss on this pizza pie. i just kind of grabbed whatever i had in the house. it ended up being chicken, tomato, and green pepper.



for the sauce... i'm not going to lie to you... i made it up. completely. like, i can't even give you measurements. i just dumped random stuff in a bowl and stirred. i do remember the stuffs though: canned crushed tomatoes (maybe half a big can?), tomato paste (maybe half a little can?), 2 garlic cloves and basil.


then i smeared that sh*# all over the dough.


i used a cheese blend, topped the sauce, then put the rest of the toppings. then i put more cheese on it for two reasons: 1) it kind of holds the toppings in place and looks nice. 2) i like cheese.


(oh yea, i preheated my oven to 400F.) put it in the oven until golden brown (i think it was about 25-30 minutes for me).


PIZZA CUTTER TIME!


now to eat. all that work... for this:


don't you worry your little head, i'll finish it.

oh p.s. i have a facebook page now! please go check it out and "Like" it... because if you like it, it means you like me! (please like me)

No comments:

Post a Comment